Skip to content
Unity through Diversity
- Data, as they are available in the Internet, are the fuel that is boosting the rise of a new smarter society that we want more open, inclusive and enabling a better quality of life.
- Data should be available and reusable at affordable costs by everybody, independently of race, sex, religion, nationality, level of wealth or any other contingent factor.
- Data should properly represent the diversity of the worlds that are perceived, as they result from the local culture and traditions, needs and purpose. Data should be expressed in the local languages and should record those facts that are contextually relevant, with the format and values which are most appropriate.
- Knowledge should absorb the diversity of data into progressively more unified representations of the unity underlying it.
- Knowledge and data should be developed thanks to the voluntary efforts of the interested parties, each operating in full autonomy.
- DataScientia is a not-for-profit organization whose aim is the development of an infrastructure supporting the emergence of a unitary knowledge-driven understanding of diversity, as represented by data.
- DataScientia’s first aim is the technological infrastructure.
- DataScientia’s second aim is the organizational infrastructure, via the development and adoption of shared best practices.
- DataScientia’s third aim is the legal infrastructure, dealing, among others, with the issues related to licensing and privacy.
- DataScientia’s fourth aim is the social infrastructure, that is, a community centered around the understanding of data, their development and their exploitation, both social and economic.
Join our Mission